Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Rich HTML content in Microsoft Access Memo fields

I remember years ago, I took a Microsoft VB6 sample and constructed an Access 97 version of HTML Text email using the Web Browser control. I just had a look at it here:

http://members.optushome.com.au/anandasim/asDHTMLEd/index.htm

By Gee, that was 2000, it's now 2010 - 10 years ago!

Anyway, Stephan Lebans added more zest to the project and in his HTML editor webpage, he has an example/demo file that pops up a form where you can edit rich text and most importantly embed a graphic.

The new Access 2007 and 2010 Rich Text formatted memo fields and Text Control can't embed a graphic. Or I haven't figured out how.

My next issue is how to use that content and send it via SMTP - you see, if you embed a local file reference with file:///, that won't go - you need to turn it to a cid reference, then send the graphic as well.....

in reference to: HTMLEditor (view on Google Sidewiki)

No comments: