Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Excel Data Picker

I was leading a training session the other day, demonstrating in-cell validation using lists or number limits and Deepa asked whether she could drop down a date list, like we do in a custom list. I blinked and said, “you mean a Date Picker?”. Then I realised, it was a good request. I immediately pointed to the date picker living in Access 2007 cells (even though they annoy Pepe) and the new Word 2007 Date Picker Content Controls. But Excel cells? I muttered something about the richness and maturity of Excel and said I would have a look on the internet.

There it is, an effort by ISamRad – it’s offered plain, unwrapped, an .xla in all its glory (download it here). I just tested it with Excel 2003 and Excel 2007, both work fine. Sam is actually Sam Radakovitz, a program manager on the Excel team – he contributes to the Excel Blog.

Enjoy!

del.icio.us Tags: ,,,
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: