Sunday, February 22, 2009

Pressing Enter, Enter

I was having a vigorous discussion with a peer on the architecture of Microsoft Word 2007 and how I had been slapped on the wrists in the mists of the 1990s when I pressed Enter, Enter to start another paragraph in Word/DOS. Said peer had not heard of that guideline and had pressed Enter, Enter all his life.

I knew I had seen a classic article about encouraging people not to press Enter, Enter. Did a web search and up pops Shauna Kelly’s article.

Note: Word 2007 default Normal Style in new documents off default normal template (the template you use when you are not using a template) has inter paragraph spacing as encouraged by Shauna and I. Word previous versions, don’t.

Are you an Enter, Enter person?

Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: